Friday, April 20, 2007

Forgiveness

Today my oldest daughter and I got locked out of our house with the other three kids inside (not knowing we were outside pounding on the door). While we were outside I began to sense my frustration level rise higher and higher, and I began to say mean comments to my daughter blaming her and scolding her for locking us out. She felt terrible and soon I felt terrible too. When we finally got inside I felt so bad for some of the things that I said to her that I called her over and asked her to forgive me. No hesitation she said, "Yes, I forgive you Mommy". I still feel terrible but am amazed at how quickly children forgive. Even after we talked she was quick to give me a hug letting me know again that I had been forgiven. I am so humbled today, and realize how much I can really learn from my children!!

Quote of the day: "Mommy, that little boy just had a really big burp and he never said excuse me!" Lana (comment she made while we were at Asha's school today - too cute!)

No comments: