We started a new tradition this year on the kid's birthdays. I bring out the baby books and together we look back on when they were born. Oh, those little fingers and toes! I'm very thankful we have a good number of pictures of Luke and Lana when they were babies, because that time of life was a bit of a blur. I had a c-section, the recovery wasn't easy, and then I was thrown into caring for three children under 2 years old (Asha had just turned 2). I remember a few things about that time though. I remember the sweet times of nursing my twins...and marveling at these two creations. I remember on several occasions both of them crying at the same time, and sometimes I cried right along with them! I remember taking family walks almost every night...and those being the best times of the day! I remember once there was a tornado warning (we lived in Illinois and Matt was gone for the day). I took all three kids into a tiny closet under our stairs where we hung out for a while. What an adventure those days were!
Now Luke and Lana are 8! As I type this Luke and Lana are playing Uno together. It is fun to see them enjoy each other..even though they are very different. This year for their birthday we had a party with a few of their friends at our church's gym. How great to have a gym we could use with lots of space to run and play!
Here are some shots of their birthday:
Now Luke and Lana are 8! As I type this Luke and Lana are playing Uno together. It is fun to see them enjoy each other..even though they are very different. This year for their birthday we had a party with a few of their friends at our church's gym. How great to have a gym we could use with lots of space to run and play!
Here are some shots of their birthday:
3 comments:
I took a few photos at the party. I'll have to e mail them to you!
Looks like your family has had some lovely parties this month! My two so enjoyed helping you all celebrate. Thanks so very much for including them!!!
8 and 10? When did your little kids become big kids?! What a beautiful family! Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment