Friday, March 18, 2011

Ireland and St. Patrick's Day


Some of you may know that I have a dream of traveling to see Ireland. Every year I get more and more excited about this possibility....though I'm not sure when this will actually happen. Maybe for my 50th birthday or 50th wedding anniversary! =)

This year for St. Patrick's Day we went to an Irish Ceili. It was super fun..and especially for me because I learned how to do the Irish "skip" (or whatever that is called). I think Asha was impressed too! Asha has been doing Irish Dancing for two years now, and love love loves it. I think I might get her to start teaching me some jigs...or does anyone know of an adult Irish Dancing Class??? Asha says I'd have to be with the six year old beginners if I took through her instructor. Rats!

This year Asha had several Irish Dance performances around the area. Here are two pictures of her dancing. I love watching her dance!




2 comments:

Katie T. said...

That sounds like so much fun! Asha is growing into such a beautiful young woman. We are headed to C-U next week...wish we were seeing you guys while we're there! : )

Anna said...

We'll have to come watch her sometime! We'd love to get to Ireland sometime too....it looks so romantic, doesn't it, or is that just the movies?? :)