Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trip to Portland

Over the weekend I took a trip with Asha & Lana to Portland to celebrate my niece's 13th birthday. She had a very fun "mall" party where her and three friends got their ear's pierced. It was a great time with those teenagers! She is an awesome teenager, but I'm sure glad my kids aren't in their teen years yet! =)

Also, while I was in Portland I went up with my Dad and the girls to my Mom's grave sight. She is buried at a beautiful location on a hill that over looks Beaverton (I think). It was very windy while we were up there, and the wind literally blew Lana over. Needles to say, we had a special time and took some pictures too. I'd like to say that I have come to a healthy acceptance of my Mom's passing. But, I think it is more of a realization that I can't change what has happened and it does stink! My Sister and I say often how much we need our Mom (as we were very close to her)....we are never too old to need a Mom!!!!

My Dad did a great job picking out her marker. Below you can see how cold and windy it was up there!

1 comment:

The Family Blog... said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip Colette. Thank you for sharing the picture of where your Mom is at rest. Love you and talk to you soon.
Jenny