Monday, July 30, 2007

Enjoy Them!

There are constantly things I wish I could do better as a Mom! I know I fall short so often! For example, this summer I had every intention of reading with my children more, especially helping out my oldest in her reading as she struggles with it. That has not happened as much as I would have liked. I often feel guilty about it. But, today I realized that instead of beating myself up for things that I fall short in I need to just really enjoy my kids. Laugh with them, observe them, care for them, ENJOY them! We put so many pressures on ourselves as moms. Our kids need to be potty trained by 2, socially adapt by 3, reading by 4, mastered a musical instrument by 5, and skilled in a sport by 6. Gets me tired just thinking about it! Especially when I have four kids! Maybe I'm the only one that puts these kinds of pressures on myself, and if so it has been a good lesson for ME! Loosen up and enjoy!

No comments: