Since we have moved to Seattle (four years ago) we have tried to take a trip with my side of the family every Summer. This year's trip was a bit different - as it was the first "family vacation" without my Mom. So many firsts! It is almost the one year anniversary of my Mom's passing. So many sad memories are tied to that time! It is hard to believe that it has been almost a year since I have talked to my Mom or seen her. I never hardly went a day without talking to her before her passing. She is greatly missed every single day!
Anyway, our trip was still very special! Leavenworth is a cozy and romantic Bavarian style town nestled in the mountains. My Sister's family and my family stayed in a big log cabin, and my Dad got a hotel for two nights. It was beautiful! I have a lot of pictures to post. Sorry if it gets too long! I don't want to leave anything out. I'm so thankful for my family and the precious times we have together!

Cute Bavarian downtown - mountains so close! My Sister and I enjoyed checking out the shops. We got matching purses and of course some fudge. That went quickly!

Even a Starbucks! Obviously, we aren't too far from Seattle!

We visited a fun petting farm where we saw some interesting animals - including Lamas. I like this lamas' big eyes.

The girls in front of our cabin. Behind them you can see our beautiful mountain view.

Matt in the hot tub with Luke and Tyler.

All the kids in the hot tub. There must be a number limit!
Hmmmm..........

My family (in front of the log cabin we stayed in). 10 kids + 5 adults = lots of fun!

My silly family. =)

Marissa, Annalise,
Asha, and I. My sweet girls.
So many memories.........
3 comments:
What a fun trip!
I'm sure this upcoming anniversary is going to be so hard. You will be in our prayers.
Colette - Wonderful pictures in both of your last posts! What a beautiful cabin too! Wow!
What wonderful memories you must all be making together! And, what a special family to have so many sharing living quarters and still look like you are getting along and having fun! : ) My sister and I have often talked about doing this very same thing in a few years.
Post a Comment