Friday, June 19, 2009

Last Day of School....

Yesterday was our last day of school (for the Summer). The kids were very excited and actually so was I!! We made it! We completed our first year of homeschooling! Our first year was wonderful and extremely challenging at the same time. I'm planning to do it again next year, but for now I am eager for a little break.

Yesterday I asked each of the kids what their favorite subject was throughout the year. Here is what they each said: Asha enjoyed handwriting (she is having fun learning cursive), Lana enjoyed reading, Luke enjoyed the character study, and Jeffrey had no comment (he did a lot of Lego creating and learning to cut during school time). My personal favorite was also the character study. I think I have learned more than they have in this area (patience, self control, kindness, ect..).

I am extremely grateful for 5 things this year. I couldn't have done homeschooling with out these 5 things:
1. God's help and comfort in my weak times.
2. Matt's help, brains, and support.
3. My Sister's encouragement and wisdom.
4. Great co-ops to plug into.
5. The desire to be around my kids!



Here the kids were doing the Pledge of the Allegiance on the last day of school. Note for next year: work on learning the Pledge of the Allegiance! =)

No comments: