Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Place Of Protection

Tonight I wish I could put each of my four children back inside my womb. There they would be safe. There I could protect them for the world. There they could get all they need. There they would always be near. I so wish I could protect them from the pain that I see all around me. I wish I could hold them close and not allow their precious innocence ever to go away. They are so innocent right now. But, oh so soon they will know of pain, hurt and suffering.

I wish I could put them back in my womb for a bit longer, so they would not hear of the cancer that is killing our friend, or how unborn children are being killed everyday all around the world, or hear of the many tragedies we daily hear about on the news. I wish I could stuff them back inside of me. As much as I disliked being pregnant and the discomfort it brought me, I would take it any day if I could protect my children from what they will soon face in life.

Tonight before I go to bed I will go into each of my children's rooms as they sleep peacefully. I will check on them, make sure they are safely tucked in, give them each a soft touch or kiss, and pray over each one. That God would watch over them and preserve their sweet innocence just a bit longer. That is all I can do!

No comments: